Tuesday 11 October 2011

My Back Cover

I've decided for my back cover it will be totally black, with just the track names in a bold white font. I came to this decision because I will be having a very busy front cover and I've had a look at a few albums that have had busy front covers, and the general theme is to either once again, sticking to the idea on the front, make everything once again busy, or to just go the total opposite way and to have everything simple.

I am pushing towards the more simple style of the two, as I believe it works a lot better with things such as track titles, you want it to be easy to read, simple and most of all clear.

Mark Ronson's debut album is a perfect example of this;


His front cover is a similar idea to what I want to do with the collage, however it is a slightly simpler 'version' of my idea. I do however really like the ripped effect that has been used on this album artwork and am intending to use this effect on my front cover in places. 

In contrast to his front cover, the back cover of the album is just like the one I want to do, it's very simple and effective. 


Once again I think Mark Ronson gets this totally right, his album is already a bit 'all over the place' with so many featuring artists on nearly all of his tracks, he obviously didn't want to make anything more complicated that it already had to be and kept things very simple with this back cover. I will definitely be trying to do something very similar. 

There are other examples of this style of back cover, and are all very self explanatory. The colour scheme is 2 colours, with the simple effect of having just the track names and not a lot else on the back.








No comments:

Post a Comment