Tuesday 11 October 2011

Mock Album Cover 2





Here is another idea I had for my front cover. I took inspiration from the Notorious XX album which is shown below. For this I simply cut out LA which is from the band name LA Unknown, I then layered a picture behind the cut out, however as this was only a mock up I used a found picture of Bombay Bicycle Club. I decided to use Bombay Bicycle Club as they have four members, exactly the same as we are planning to use. I also chose them as they produced the song we are using in the video. When producing this mock up I found out that it was much more difficult than I thought to line up a photograph with the cut out letters, as you can see from the picture above you cannot see the whole face of each band member as some has been cut off by the edge of the letters. To overcome this problem could be quite difficult as I would have to dissect the photograph so that each band member would fit wholly in the letters. This could cause problems with the continuity of the background and could force me to use a blank background in the photograph. I also took inspiration from the peace orchestra and XX album covers, in the way that when you bye the album the LA lettering will be properly cut out with the picture layered behind this, I believe this will show more skill and also make the album cover seem more professional.


 

Again any comments would be welcome as feedback will help me to decide between the two ideas I currently have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment