Friday 14 October 2011

Album - ?

The album name for the band for the purpose of my digi-pak and adverts, tour dates etc will be called '?'.
I have chosen to do this as I feel it fits with not only the lead single 'Shuffle', but it also fits well with the band being called LA Unknown. It fits with 'Shuffle' in the sense that you don't know what to listen to, so you shuffle things, and obviously related to the unknown in the band name.

Furthermore, I have chosen to have my album consisting of 10 tracks. I have chosen to do this because it seems that with a bit of research artists that are releasing albums these days are now only really lasting around 35 minutes and the 10 track mark is perfect for getting 10 short, snappy, indie songs out there to their fans. I think it fits well with the idea of my simplistic back cover as it means that I won't have a big long list, instead a simple, basic one. I have not yet decided what I will be naming the tracks, but I want to be able to make links between the album front cover and also the track names. I have also decided I will not be having any 'featuring' artists on my band's album as this will only detract the attention away from my band and as this is their debut I won't it to be just their work and no one else's.

No comments:

Post a Comment