Thursday 6 October 2011

Band Posters and Magazine adverts

As part of our Digi pack ideas I have been looking into bands posters and magazine adverts. After looking at bands album covers I have also chosen some posters and magazine adverts which I think are interesting, I have also chosen these particular posters and magazine adverts as I have taken inspiration from them. The minimum requirement for our Digi pack is to produce an album cover, however me and my partner are looking to produce more than the minimum during this whole process and this is another reason that I have been analyzing posters and magazine adverts.

This poster by the Foals is not exactley what I am looking to recreate as it is a tour dates poster rather than a poster advertising the release of a new ablum. Despite this I am still a fan of this poster, the bold white writing stands out against the colourful background and also contrasts with the silhouette of the band members towards the bottom of the poster. The poster displays all the vital infomation including, the band name, tour dates, website information and ticket information. My favourite part of this poster is definitely the colourful abstract background, the busy background hides the simplicity of the poster which is basically just a list of tour dates and a title. Another thing that I really like about this poster is the is the silhouette of the band members, as the dark colours contrast with the white writing and the colourful background meaning that is stands out and draws the audiences attention.

This poster by the artist Santogold is advertising her new single, this is something that I will be looking to recreate. What I really like about this poster is that it is consistent with this artists style, all of her album artworks and other posters are all a similar style to this poster, this makes the poster instantly recognisable and all of the artists fans will instantly make a connection between the poster and the artist. Unlike the Foals album this poster by Santogold uses a simple colour pallete of green, bage, black and white. This adds an element of consistency to the poster. The poster is also very minimalist in terms of text as there is very little writing on the poster, simply displaying the artist name, the single name and the date it will be available in stores and for download.

No comments:

Post a Comment