Friday 14 October 2011

Mock Ups


My digi-pak kicks off with my front cover. Despite it only being a black and white drawing it's quite clear to see it's rather busy. I figured that to take over 60 photos for my mock ups would be a bit silly, so decided to give a drawing of what i'm hoping to achieve with it. Obviously colour is missing and i'm planning on my front cover being pretty colourful, I have also incorporated the black almost 'border' which i'm glad looks good [in my eyes at least]. [see previous posts for ideas on front cover]
For my back cover I basically wanted to keep it simple. Everything is going to be black and white, basic, nothing fancy and I hope to keep it very minimalistic. It will consist of just the band's album name, and the 10 tracks that will be on it. [see other post explaining the tracks]. The cover is very much inspired my Mark Ronson's debut album back cover, everything is simple to the point and it works, very well. 
For my third image I wanted to have a photo of the band, at this stage this is actually an image taken of the Camden band 'Tribes'. They are of a similar genre to LA Unknown and have a similar dress sense so I thought it would be appropriate to use them. I feel this band image will give the band their identity somewhat and it also actually shows the consumer who the hell made this record their listening to.

The 3 inside pages was a really tough decision for me [as i've explained in a further post]. I finally did come to the conclusion that I wanted to the 3 pages to be of one image, or at least 3 separate images that still link in someway to the other pictures [as shown on a further post].
I intend to be having a panoramic shot of something like a forest, as I have on the mock with the inclusion of the band's instruments which will be vacant. I think this whole idea fits everything well, it fits the genre of the alternative style as it's something different in terms of having the instruments there but with no one playing them, the location also seems fitting with my genre as i've seen a few other indie/alternative artists using similar locations for photo shoots etc. Lastly I believe it fits my band name well as this forest will hopefully look mysterious and leave people wondering where on earth this photo shoot was taken.


This Magazine advert is one that has taken huge inspirations from Radiohead. The layout is similar however I've encorporated certain aspects of other adverts i've seen throughout my research, such as Foals' Total Life Forever one for the different formats of the release being listed. The date I have used is actually the 29th of February which wasn't just a random choice [as explained in a further post]. 
The fonts i've used are nearly all Futura just different Futura fonts, and also the '?' is actually a different font altogether. I have chose to include iTunes and HMV logos as the place to get the album, I came to this decision as in my eyes digitally iTunes is the place to download your music if you're buying it. On the other hand if you want the digi-pak/CD/12"/LTD Edition Boxset I believe the leading store for this would be HMV. I also used the advert as a way of promoting the band and gave their official website. I came to this conclusion as i'd seen it was a very common convention, which makes sense as it is just another way to get more people onto the band's website and hopefully buying some music or merchandise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment