Thursday 8 September 2011

Endings

We've been trying to think of a way of ending the video, as it's apparent by watching many other music videos in the genre we want to do that there are in fact lots of various ways to bring the video to a end, and it's all about finding the right way for our video.

I've looked at many, ranging from people walking over to the camera at the end of a film, which my friend Jack Tranter used in his A2 music video shown below:


I think this works really well, as it gives the total blackout effect that's required and you can also see that the video is coming to a clear end with the music fading out and then Joe walking over with his hand out and the finally putting his hand over the camera.

I also have already looked at the video by The Vaccines - If you Wanna. They end the video with the lighting slowly turning off, and then leaving the band members in silhouettes, which i believe looks really good, here's a quick clip of the ending:


With the Foals video for the single Spanish Sahara you'll watch below, they use an image of rippling waves as a way of showing that the video is coming to an end, and the eventual end comes about by a dissolving effect that is used which in my opinion does look good, however I feel there are other ways of ending a video that are more effective.


I have seen a video, which the name escapes me, that finished with a fish eye effect, with the circle becoming smaller and smaller until the circle was no more, and the whole screen went totally black. After consulting Ed about what he wants he seems to agree that the idea is a good one and that we will more than likely try and bring our video to and end in this way.

Finally, just to add to the artwork's Ed uploaded earlier, I also have a few more to add that I like and feel we could try and take some ideas out of...






No comments:

Post a Comment