Friday 25 November 2011

Plan: How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary task?

I think that the combination of our music video and my ancillary task work really well together, both products use the same indie conventions and it is clear that they are both influenced by the same genre of music. Both the music video and the digipack feature the band members in indie style clothing and the general style of the band for example their hair style and mannerisms such as speech.

My digipack features a consistent theme of playing cards. The front panel consists of 8 pictures and two text boxes. There are 4 pictures of playing cards, I took photographs of the picture cards and edited them so that the pictures had been replaced with photographs of each band member. I then simply added the title-* of the the band and album using downloaded text off the internet. For the back panel, I used pictures of the back of playing cards and layered the song names and numbers over the top. The overall idea of the front and back panels was that they would look like an actuall fan or cards with the front and the back of the cards positioned is the same posistions.

The other 4 panels all use the same motif and all feature playing cards in some way shape or form. +

Although my digipack does not use any images from the music video the inspiaration behind the idea came from the song title itself, 'Shuffle'. This song name and its reference to playing cards gave me the idea to use them as the main theme of my digipack. To integrate my digipack ideas and music video further, I decided to name the album 'Solitare' reinforcing the playing card motif. The connections between my song/album name and the inspiration behind my digipack shows continuity and allows the audience can relate to the style of LA Unkown. 

After looking at both my video and my digipack I believe that the quite spontaneous and random theme is continuous across both pieces of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment