Friday 18 November 2011

Digi-Pack

I've finally now finished my Digi-Pack and here are some images.








I'm happy with my final pieces and believe that the continuity of the ripped and collage effect I have used throughout works really well. I decided to have the 3 page spread on my digi-pack actually black and white after taking on board some criticism off my teacher about how the greens of the trees wouldn't fit appropriately with the rest of my colour scheme. I did however feel that I wanted to keep the bright colour and the idea of the various objects for the 3 page spread so added in the picture of the black cat featured on my front cover and I also then went on to use some Photoshop texture effects to add in various colourful flowers and greenery at the back of the spread to give it that continuity throughout.

Despite my front cover being so time consuming and the fact that it took me hours upon hours to put it all together and cut out I'm really happy with it. I believe that it totally suits the music genre I'm trying to target - Alternative and like the Klaxons' debut album cover is a bit unusual and 'out there' which would only help an upcoming artist gain attention.

The back cover to my album is very simple. I chose to do this when I started doing some research into various other back covers. The one that I found looked the best was Mark Ronson's debut album 'Version' where everything was kept extremely simple with black and white only for colours, clear fonts and just keeping everything very minimalistic, therefore I opted for exactly this as it would also complement my over complicated front cover as it would mean that I wasn't going too overboard throughout my Digi-Pack.

Finally, the third panel on the outside of my digi-pack is definitely one of my favourite panels. It includes everything I wanted a panel to include, we have the correct dress sense for my genre, the seriousness, the humour in Jamie's face, the torn effect used in both newspaper and a word search which carrys on the collage effect well. I also believe that the colours of the newspaper and the word search work really well and when on top of the black background look professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment